2018.10 – present. Joint Research Scientist, Shanghai Jiatong University
2013.12 – present. Research Scientist, Second Institute of Oceanography, Hangzhou, China
2016.09-2016.12. Visiting Scholar, Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
2012.04-2012.10. Visiting Scholar, Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
2008.06 – 2013.11. Associate Research Scientist, Second Institute of Oceanography, Hangzhou, China
2007.09 – 2008.05. Assistant Research Scientist, Department of Atmospheric Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
2002.08 – 2007.08. Research Assistant, Department of Atmospheric Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
1. Wu, Qiaoyan* and Yilei Wang, 2019. Comparison of oceanic multisatellite precipitation data from Tropical Rainfall Measurement Mission and Global Precipitation Measurement Mission datasets with rain gauge data from ocean buoys, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 36(5): 903–920.
2. Ruan, Zhenxin and Qiaoyan Wu*,2018. Precipitation, convective clouds and their connections with tropical cyclone intensity and intensity change, Geophysical Research Letters, DOI: 10.1002/2017GL076611.
3. Wu, Qiaoyan* and Zhenxin Ruan,2016. Diurnal variations of the areas and temperatures in tropical cyclone clouds. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society. 142(700), 2788-2796, DOI: 10.1002/qj.2868.
4. Wu, Qiaoyan, Ying Yan and Dake Chen, 2016. Seasonal prediction of East Asian Monsoon precipitation: skill sensitivity to various climate variabilities, International Journal of Climatology, 36. 324-333.DOI: 10.1002/joc.4347.
5. Wu, Qiaoyan, Zhenxin Ruan, Dake Chen, and Tao Lian, 2015, Diurnal variations of tropical cyclone precipitation in inner and outer rainbands, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 120(1), 1-11, DOI: 10.1002/2014JD022190.
6. Wu, Qiaoyan, Ying Yan and Dake Chen, 2013. A linear Markov model for East Asian Monsoon seasonal forecast, J. Climate, 26, 5183-5195.
7. Wu, Qiaoyan, 2013. Westerly wind events, diurnal cycle and central Pacific El Niño warming. Dynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans. 63, 79-93.
8. Wu, Qiaoyan and Dake Chen, 2012. Typhoon-induced variability of oceanic surface mixed layer observed by Argo floats in the western North Pacific Ocean, Atmosphere-Ocean, 50, 4-14.
9. Wu, Qiaoyan and Dake Chen, 2010. Ensemble forecast of Indo-Pacific SST based on IPCC twentieth-century climate simulations, Geophysical Research Letters, 37, L16702, doi: 10.1029/2010GL044330.
10. Wu, Qiaoyan, Salil Mahaja, Kenneth P. Bowman and Ping Chang, 2008. Atmospheric response to Atlantic tropical instability waves in Community Atmosphere Model version 3, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 113, D15125, doi:10.1029/ 2007JD009474.
11. Wu, Qiaoyan and Kenneth P. Bowman, 2007. Multi-year satellite observations of atmospheric response to tropical Atlantic instability waves. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 112, D19104, doi:10.1029/2007JD008627.
12. Wu, Qiaoyan and Kenneth P. Bowman, 2007. Interannual variations of tropical instability waves observed by the tropical rainfall measuring mission. Geophysical Research Letters, 34, L09701, doi:10.1029/2007GL029719. (AGU Highlighted paper)