171. Sun, C., J. Li, F. Kucharski, I.-S. Kang et al. 2019: Recent acceleration of Arabian Sea warming induced by the Atlantic-western Pacific trans-basin multidecadal variability, Geophysical Research Letters 46(3), 1662-1671.
170. Kamil, S., A. Alamzoroui, I.-S. Kang et al., 2019: Long-term ENSO relationship to precipitation and storm frequency over western Himalaya-Karakoram-Hindukush region during the winter season. Climate Dynamics, 1-14.
169. Kang, In-Sik, M.-S. Ahn, 2019: A gray zone GCM with full representation of cloud microphysics, Book chapter of “Current trends in the representation of physical processes in weather and climate models” edited by D. Randall, R. Nanjundiah, P. Mukhopadhyay, Springer, 139-155.
168. Kang, In-Sik, M.-S. Ahn, H. Miura, and A. Subramanian, 2019: GCMs with full representation of cloud microphysics and their MJO simulations, Chapter 14, Book entitled “The gap between weather and climate forecasting: Sub-seasonal seasonal prediction” edited by A. Roberson and F. Vitart, Springer, 305-319.
167. Mishra, SK, S. Sahany, P. Salunke, I.-S. Kang, S. Jain, 2018: Fidelity of CMIP5 multi-model mean in assessing Indian monsoon simulations. npj Climate and Atmospheric Science, 1(1), 39.
166. Ahn, Min-Seop and In-Sik Kang, 2018: A practical approach to scale-adaptive deep convection in GCMs by controlling the cumulus base mass flux, accepted at “Nature” partner Journal (npj) Climate and Atmospheric Science. 1(1), 13.
165. Cassou, C., Y. Kushnir, E. Hawkins, A. Pirani., F. Kucharski, I.-S. Kang, N. Caltabiano, 2018: Decadal climate variability and predictability: Challenges and Opportunities. Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, BAMS-D-16-2086.1.
164. Cheng Sun, Fred Kucharski, Jianping Li, Fei-Fei Jin, In-Sik Kang, and Ruiqiang Ding, 2017: Western tropical Pacific multidecadal variability forced by the Atlantic multidecadal oscillation, Nature Communications, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms15998.
163. Ahn, Min-Seop, Daehyun Kim, Kenneth R. Sperber, In-Sik Kang, Eric Maloney, Duane Waliser, Harry Hendon on behalf of WGNE MJO Task Force, 2017: MJO simulation in CMIP5 climate models: MJO skill metrics and process-oriented diagnosis. Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-017-3558-4.
162. Kamil, S., M. Almazroui, F. Kucharski, I.-S. Kang, 2017: Multidecadal changes in relationship of storm frequency over Euro-Mediterranean region and ENSO during boreal winter. Earth Sytems and Environment, 1(1), 6.
161. Kang, In-Sik, Min-Seup Ahn, 2017: Propagation characteristics of Tropical-Subtropical intraseasonal variations during boreal summer and their mechanisms. The Global Monsoon System: Research and Forecast, 139-146.
160. Kang, In-Sik, Min-Seop Ahn, Young-Min Yang, 2016: A GCM with cloud microphysics and its MJO simulation. Geoscience Letters, 3, 16-22.
159. Nnamchi, Hyacinth C., Jianping Li, Fred Kucharski, In-Sik Kang, Noel S. Keenlyside, Ping Chang, Riccardo Farneti, 2016 : An equatorial-extratropical dipole structure of the Atlantic Nino. Journal of Climate, http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0894.1.
158. Kucharski, Fred, Farah Ikram, Franco Molteni, Riccardo Farneti, In-Sik Kang, Hyun Ho No, Martin P. King, Graziano Giuliani, Kristian Mogensen, 2016 : Atlantic forcing of Pacific
decadal variability. Climate Dynamics, 46, 7, 2337-2351.
157. Nnamchi, Hyacinth C., Jianping Li, Fred Kucharski, In-Sik Kang, Noel S. Keenlyside, Ping Chang, and Riccardo Farneti, 2015: Thermodynamic controls of the Atlantic Nino, Nature Communications, 6:8895, doi:10.1038/ncomms9895.
156. Kim, Daehyun, Min-Seop Ahn, In-Sik Kang, Anthony D. Del Genio, 2015: Role of Longwave Cloud-Radiation Feedback in the Simulation of the Madden-Julian Oscillation, Journal of Climate, 28, 17, 6979–6994.
155. Tippett, Michael K., Mansour Almazroui, In-Sik Kang, 2015: Extended-range forecasts of areal-averaged Saudi Arabia rainfall, Weather and Forecasting, 30, 4, 1090–1105.
154. Abid, Muhammad Adnan, In-Sik Kang, Mansour Almazroui, Fred Kucharski, 2015 : Contribution of Synoptic Transients to the Potential Predictability of PNA Circulation Anomalies: El Nino vs La Nina, Journal of Climate, DOI 10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00497.1.
153. Kang, In-Sik, Young-Min Yang, Wei-Kuo Tao, 2015: GCMs with implicit and explicit representation of cloud microphysics for simulation of extreme precipitation frequency, Climate Dynamics, 45, 325-335.
152. Kucharski, Fred, Farah Ikram, Franco Molteni, Riccardo Farneti, In-Sik Kang, Hyun-Ho No, Martin P. King, Graziano Giuliani, Kristian Mogensen, 2015 : Atlantic forcing of Pacific decadal variability, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2376-1.
151. Liu, Fei, Bin Wang, In-Sik Kang, 2015: Roles of barotropic convective momentum transport in the intraseasonal oscillation, Journal of Climate, 28, 12, 4908-4920.
150. Kang, In-Sik, Irfan Ur Rashid, Fred Kucharski, Mansour Almazroui, Abdulrahman A. Al Khalaf, 2015 : Multi-decadal changes in the relationship between ENSO and wet-season precipitation in the Arabian Peninsula, Journal of Climate, 28, 12, 4743-4752.
149. Kang, In-Sik, Hyun-ho No, Fred Kucharski, 2014 : ENSO amplitude modulation associated with the mean SST changes in the tropical central Pacific induced by Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation, Journal of Climate, 27, 20, 7911-7920.
148. D.-M. Lee, Y.C. Sud, L. Oreopoulos, K.-M. Kim, W. K. Lau, and I.-S. Kang, 2014: Modeling the influences of aerosols on pre-monsoon circulation and rainfall over Southeast Asia. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14, 6853-6866.
147. Yang, Young-Min, In-Sik Kang, and Mansour Almazroui, 2014: A mass flux closure function in a GCM based on the Richardson number, Climate Dynamics, 42, 1129-1138.
146. Tao, Wei-Kuo, Stephen Lang, Xiping Zeng, Xiaowen Li, Toshi Matsui, Karen Mohr, Derek Posselt, Jiundar Chern, Christa Peters-Lidard, Peter M. Norris, In-Sik Kang, Ildae Choi, Arthur Hou, K.-M. Lau, and Young-Min Yang, 2014: The Goddard Cumulus Ensemble model (GCE): Improvements and applications for studying precipitation processes, Atmospheric Research, 143, 392-424.
145. Zhang, Minghua, Christopher S. Bretherton, Peter N. Blossey, Phillip H. Austin, Julio T. Bacmeister, Sandrine Bony, Florent Brient, Suvarchal K. Cheedela, Anning Cheng, Anthony D. Del Genio, Stephan R. De Roode, Satoshi Endo, Charmaine N. Franklin, Jean-Christophe Golaz, Cecile Hannay, Thijs Heus, Francesco Alessandro Isotta, Dufresne Jean-Louis, In-Sik Kang, Hideaki Kawai, Martin Koehler, Vincent E. Larson, Yangang Liu, Adrian P. Lock, Ulrike Lohman, Marat F. Khairoutdinov, Andrea M. Molod, Roel A. J. Neggers, Philip Rasch, Irina Sandu, Ryan Senkbeil, A. Pier Siebesma, Colombe Siegenthaler-Le Drian, Bjorn Stevens, Max J. Suarez, Kuan-Man Xu, Knut von Salzen, Mark J. Webb, Audrey Wolf, Ming Zhao, 2013: CGILS: Results from the first phase of an international project to understand the physical mechanisms of low cloud feedbacks in single column models, Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, vol.5, 1-17, doi:10.1002/2013MS000246.
144. Kang, In-Sik, Pyong-Hwa Jang, and Mansour Almazroui, 2013: Examination of multi-perturbation methods for ensemble prediction of the MJO during boreal summer, Climate Dynamics, doi: 10.1007/s00382-013-1819-4.
143. Sperber, K. R., H. Annamalai, I.-S. Kang, A. Kitoh, A. Moise, A. Turner, B. Wang, and T. Zhou, 2013: The Asian summer monsoon: an intercomparison of CMIP5 vs. CMIP3 simulations of the late 20th century, Climate Dynamics, 41, 9-10, 2711-2744.
142. Ehsan, M. Azhar, In-Sik Kang, Mansour Almazroui, M. Adnan Abid, and Fred Kucharski, 2013: A quantitative assessment of changes in seasonal potential predictability for the twenties century, Climate Dynamics, 41, 9-10, 2697-2709.
141. Kang, In-Sik, Fei Liu, Min-Seop Ahn, Young-Min Yang, and Bin Wang, 2013: Role of SST structure on convectively coupled Kelvin-Rossby waves and its implication on MJO formation, J. Climate, 26, 5915-5930.
140. Zhou, Lei and In-Sik Kang, 2013: Influence of Convective Momentum Transport on Mixed Rossby-Gravity waves: A contribution to tropical two-day wave, J. Atm. Sci., 70, 2467-2475.
139. Nnamchi, Hyacinth C., Jianping Li, In-Sik Kang, and Fred Kucharski, 2013: Simulated impacts of the South Atlantic Ocean Dipole on summer precipitation at the Guinea Coast, Climate Dynamics, 41, 3-4, 677-694.
138. Hong, Soojin, In-Sik Kang, Ildae Choi, and Yoo-Geun Ham, 2013: Climate responses in the tropical Pacific associated with Atlantic warming in recent decades, ASIA-PAC. J. Atm. Sci., 49, 2, 209-217.
137. Lee, Dongmin, Lazaros Oreopoulos, George J. Huffman, William B. Rossow, and In-Sik Kang, 2013: The precipitation characteristics of ISCCP tropical weather states, J. Climate, 26, 3, 772-788.
136. Kucharski, Fred, Franco Molteni, Martin P. King, Riccardo Farneti, In-Sik Kang, and Laura Feudale, 2013: On the need of intermediate complexity general circulation models: a "SPEEDY" example. Bull. Atm. Met. Soc., 94, 1, 25-30.
135. Lee, June-Yi, Bin Wang, Matthew C. Wheeler, Xiouhua Fu, Duane E. Waliser, and In-Sik Kang, 2013: Real-time Multivariate Indices for the Boreal Summer Intraseasonal Oscillation over the Asian summer monsoon region. Climate Dynamics, 40, 1-2, 493-509.
134. Ham, Yoo-Geun, In-Sik Kang, and Jong-Seong Kug, 2012: Coupled bred vectors in the tropical Pacific and their application to ENSO prediction. Prog. Oceanogr., 105, 90-101.
133. Ham, Yoo-Geun, In-Sik Kang, Daehyun Kim, and Jong-Seong Kug, 2012: El-Nino Southern Oscillation simulated and predicted in SNU coupled GCMs. Climate Dynamics, 38, 2227-2242.
132. Sohn, Soo-Jin, Young-Mi Min, June-Yi Lee, Chi-Yung Tam, In-Sik Kang, Bin Wang, Joong-Bae Ahn, and Toshio Yamagata, 2012: Assessment of the long-lead probabilistic prediction for the Asian summer monsoon precipitation (1983-2011) based on the APCC multimodel system and a statistical model, J GEOPHYS RES, 117, D04102, doi:10.1029/2011JD016308.
131. Kim, Daehyun and In-Sik Kang, 2012: A bulk mass flux convection scheme for climate model: description and moisture sensitivity, Climate Dynamics, 38, 411-429.
130. Kim, Daehyun, Adam H. Sobel, and In-Sik Kang, 2011: A mechanism denial study on the Madden-Julian Oscillation, Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth System, 3, doi:10.1029/2011MS000081
129. Kim, Daehyun, Adam H. Sobel, Eric D. Maloney, Dargan M. W. Frierson, and In-Sik Kang, 2011: A Systematic Relationship between Intraseasonal Variability and Mean State Bias in AGCM Simulations, J. Climate, 24, 5506-5520.
128. Kug, Jong-Seong, Yoo-Geun Ham, Eun-Jung Lee, and In-Sik Kang, 2011: Empirical singular vector method for ensemble El Nino-Southern Oscillation prediction with a coupled general circulation model, J GEOPHYS RES, 116, C08029, doi:10.1029/2010JC006851.
127. Kang, In-Sik, Jong-Seong Kug, Mi-Jung Lim, and Da-Hee Choi, 2011: Impact of transient eddies on extratropical seasonal-mean predictability in DEMETER models. Climate Dynamics, 37, 509-519.
126. Ham, Yoo-Geun and In-Sik Kang 2011: Improvement of Seasonal Forecasts with Inclusion of Tropical Instability Waves on Initial Conditions. Climate Dynamics, 36, 1277-1290.
125. Kucharski, F., I.-S. Kang, R. Farneti, and L. Feudale, 2011: Tropical Pacific response to 20th century Atlantic warming. GEOPHYS RES LETT 38, doi: 10.1029/2010GL046248
124. Frierson, Dargan M. W., Daehyun Kim, In-Sik Kang, Myong-In Lee, and Jialin Lin 2011: Structure of AGCM-Simulated Convectively Coupled Kelvin Waves and Sensitivity to Convective Parameterization, J ATMOS SCI, 68, 26-45.
123. Kim, Hye-Mi, Carlos D. Hoyos, Peter J. Webster, In-Sik Kang 2010: Ocean-atmosphere coupling and the boreal winter MJO. Climate Dynamics, 35, 771-784.
122. Kang, In-Sik, Daehyun Kim, and Jong-Seong Kug, 2010: Mechanism for Northward Propagation of Boreal Summer Intraseasonal Oscillation: Convective Momentum Transport, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 37, doi: 10.1029/2010GL045072.
121. Ham, Yoo-Geun and In-Sik Kang, 2010: Growing-Error Correction of Ensemble Kalman Filter using Empirical Singular Vectors, Q J ROY METEOR SOC, 136, 2051-2060.
120. Kucharski, Fred, In-Sik Kang, David Straus, and Martin P. King 2010: Teleconnections in the Atmosphere and Oceans. Bull. Atm. Metorolol Soc., 91, 381-383.
119. Yoo, Jin Ho, Andrew W. Robertson, and In-Sik Kang, 2010:Analysis of Intraseasonal and Interannual variability of the Asian summer monsoon using a Hidden Markov Model. J. Climate, 23, 5498-5516.
118. Lee, June-Yi, Bin Wang, I.-S. Kang, J. Shukla, A. Kumar, J.-S. Kug, J. K. E. Schemm, J.-J. Luo, T. Yamagata, X. Fu, O. Alves, B. Stern, T. Rosati, and C.-K. Park, 2010: How are seasonal prediction skills related to models’ performance on mean state and annual cycle? Climate Dynamics, 35, 267-283.
117. Ham, Yoo-Geun, Jong-Seong Kug, In-Sik Kang, Fei-Fei Jin, and Axel Timmermann 2010: Impact of diurnal atmosphere-ocean coupling on tropical climate simulations using a coupled GCM, CLIM DYNAM, 34, 905-917.
116. Kug, Jong-Seong, Yoo-Geun Ham, Fei-Fei Jin, and In-Sik Kang 2010: Scale Interactions between Tropical Instability Waves and Low-frequency Oceanic Flows, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 37, Doi:10.1029/2009GL041020.
115. Kang, In-Sik, and Hye-Mi Kim, 2010: Assessment of MJO predictability for Boreal winter using various statistical and dynamical models, J CLIMATE, 23, 2368-2378.
114. Kug, Jong-Seong, Fei-Fei Jin, Juhyun Park, Hong-Li Ren, and In-Sik Kang, 2010: A general rule for synoptic-eddy feedback onto low-frequency flow. CLIM DYNAM, 35, 1011-1026.
113. Kug, Jong-Seong, Soon-Il An, Yoo-Geun Ham, and In-Sik Kang, 2010: Changes in El Nino and La Nina teleconnections over North Pacific-America in the global warming simulations, THEOR APPL CLIMATOL, 100, 3, 275-282.
112. An, Soon-Il, Yoo-Geun Ham, Jong-Seong Kug, Axel Timmermann, Jung Choi, and In-Sik Kang, 2010: The inverse effect of annual mean state and annual cycle changes on ENSO. J CLIMATE, 23, 5, 1095-1110.
111. Kug, Jong-Seong, Yoo-Geun Ham, Masahide Kimoto, Fei-Fei Jin, and In-Sik Kang, 2010: New approach on the optimal perturbation method for ensemble climate prediction with Empirical Singular Vector, CLIM DYNAM, 35, 331-340.
110. Lee, Myong-In, Ildae Choi, Wei-Kuo Tao, Siegfried D. Schubert, and In-Sik Kang, 2010: Mechanisms of diurnal precipitation over the US Great Plains: a cloud resolving model perspective, CLIM DYNAM, 34, 2-3, 419-437.
109. Scaife, A. A., F. Kucharski, C. K. Folland, J. Kinter, S. Bronnimann, D. Fereday, A. M. Fischer, S. Grainger, E. K. Jin, I.-S. Kang, (...), T. Zhou, 2009: The CLIVAR C20C project: Selected twentieth century climate events, CLIM DYNAM, 33, 5, 603-614.
108. Kim, D., K. Sperber, W. Stern, D. Waliser, I.-S. Kang, E. Maloney, W. Wang, K. Weickmann, J. Benedict, M. Khairoutdinov, M.-I. Lee, R. Neale, M. Suarez, K. Thayer-Calder, and G. Zhang, 2009: Application of MJO simulation diagnostics to climate models, J CLIMATE, 22, 6413-6436.
107. Ham, Yoo-Geun, Jong-Seong Kug, and In-Sik Kang, 2009: Optimal Initial Perturbations for El Nino ensemble prediction with Ensemble Kalman Filter, CLIM DYNAM, 33, 7-8, 959-973.
106. Sooraj, K. P., Daehyun Kim, Jong-Seong Kug, Sang-Wook Yeh, Fei-Fei Jin, and In-Sik Kang, 2009: Effects of the low-frequency zonal wind variation on the high frequency atmospheric variability over the tropics, CLIM DYNAM, 33, 4, 495-507.
105. Wang, Bin, June-Yi Lee, In-Sik Kang, J. Shukla, C.-K Park, A. Kumar, J. Schemm, S. Cocke, J.-S. Kug, J.-J. Luo, T. Zhou, B. Wang, X. Fu, W.-T. Yun, O. Alves, E. K. Jin, J. Kinter, B. Kirtman, (...), 2009: Advance and prospectus of seasonal prediction: assessment of the APCC/CliPAS 14-model ensemble retrospective seasonal prediction (1980-2004), CLIM DYNAM, 33, 93-117.
104. Waliser, D., K. Sperber, H. Hendon. D. Kim, E. Maloney, M. Wheeler, K. Weickmann, C. Zhang, L. Donner, J. Gottschalck, W. Higgins, I.-S. Kang, D. Legler, M. Moncrieff, S. Schubert, W. Stern, F. Vitart, and B. Wang, 2009: MJO Simulation Diagnostics, J CLIMATE, 22, 3006-3030.
103. Sooraj, K. P., Jong-Seong Kug, Tim Li, and In-Sik Kang, 2009: Impact of El Nino onset timing on the Indian Ocean - Pacific coupling and subsequent El Nino evolution, THEOR APPL CLIM, 97, 17-27.
102. Kug, Jong-Seong, K. P. Sooraj, Daehyun Kim, In-Sik Kang, Fei-Fei Jin, Yukari N. Takayabu, Masahide Kimoto, 2009: Simulation of state-dependent high-frequency atmospheric variability associated with ENSO, CLIM DYNAM, 32, 635-648.
101. Kim, Hye-Mi, Carlos D. Hoyos, Peter J. Webster, and In-Sik Kang, 2008: Sensitivity of MJO simulation and predictability to sea surface temperature variability, J CLIMATE, 5304-5317.
100. Lee, Myong-In, Max J. Suarez, In-Sik Kang, Isaac M. Held and Daehyun Kim, 2008: A Moist Benchmark Calculation for the Atmospheric General Circulation Models, J CLIMATE, 21, 19, 4934-4954.
99. Kim, Hye-Mi and In-Sik Kang, 2008: The impact of ocean-atmosphere coupling on the predictability of boreal summer intraseasonal oscillation, CLIM DYNAM, 31, 7-8, 859-870.
98. Jin, Emilia K., James L. Kinter, B. Wang, C.-K. Park, I.-S. Kang, B. P. Kirtman, J.-S. Kug, A. Kumar, J.-J. Luo, J. Schemm, J. Shukla, T. Yamagata, 2008: Current status of ENSO prediction skill in coupled ocean-atmosphere models, CLIM DYNAM, 31, 647-664.
97. Kug, Jong-Seong, June-Yi Lee, and In-Sik Kang, Bin Wang, and Chung-Kyu Park 2008: Optimal Multi-Model Ensemble Method in Seasonal Climate Prediction, ASIA-PAC J ATMOS SCI, 44, 3, 259-267.
96. Kug, Jong-Seong, June-Yi Lee, and In-Sik Kang, 2008: Systematic Error Correction of Dynamical Seasonal Prediction using a Stepwise Pattern Projection Method, MON WEATHER REV, 136, 9, 3501-3512.
95. Kug, Jong-Seong, In-Sik Kang, and Da-Hee Choi, 2008: Seasonal climate predictability with Tier-one and Tier-two Prediction System, CLIM DYNAM, 31, 4, 403-416.
94. Kim, Daehyun, Jong-Seong Kug, In-Sik Kang, Fei-Fei Jin and Andrew T. Wittenberg, 2008: Tropical Pacific impacts of convective momentum transport in the SNU coupled GCM, CLIM DYNAM, 31, 2-3, 213-226.
93. Wang, Bin, June-Yi Lee, I.-S. Kang, J. Shukla, J.-S. Kug, A. Kumar, J. Schemm, J.-J. Luo, T. Yamagata, and C.-K. Park, 2008: How accurately do coupled models predict the Asian-Australian Monsoon interannual variability?, CLIM DYNAM, 30, 6, 605-619.
92. Kim, Hye-Mi, In-Sik Kang, Bin Wang, and June-Yi Lee, 2008: Interannual variations of the boreal summer intraseasonal variability predicted by ten atmosphere-ocean coupled models, CLIM DYNAM, 30, 5, 485-496.
91. Lin, Jia-Lin, Myong-Iin Lee, Daehyun Kim, In-Sik Kang, and Dargan M. W. Frierson, 2008: The impacts of Convective Parameterization and Moisture Triggering on AGCM-Simulated Convectively Coupled Equatorial Waves, J CLIMATE, 21, 883-909.
90. Kug, Jong-Seong, Fei-Fei Jin, K. P. Sooraj, and In-Sik Kang, 2008: State-dependent atmospheric noise associated with ENSO, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 35, L05701 doi:10.1029/2007 GL032017.
89. An, Soon-Il, Jong-Seong Kug, Yoo-Geun Ham, In-Sik Kang, 2008: Successive modulation of ENSO to the future greenhouse warming, J CLIMATE, 21, 3-21.
88. Ham, Yoo-Geun, Jong-Seong Kug, and In-Sik Kang, 2007: Role of moist energy advection in formulating anomalous Walker Circulation associated with El Nino, J GEOPHYS RES, 112, D24105, doi:10.1029/2007JD008744.
87. Lin, Jia-Lin, Daehyun Kim, Myong-In Lee and In-Sik Kang, 2007: Effect of cloud-radiative heating on atmospheric general circulation model (AGCM) simulations of convectively coupled equatorial waves, J GEOPHYS RES, 112, D24107, doi:10.1029/2006JD008291.
86. Kug, Jong-Seong, June-Yi Lee, and In-Sik Kang, 2007: Global Sea Surface Temperature Prediction Using a Multi-model Ensemble, MON WEATHER REV, 135, 3239-3247.
85. Moon, Byung-Kwon, Sang-Wook Yeh, Boris Dewitte, Jong-Ghap Jhun and In-Sik Kang, 2007: Source of low frequency modulation of ENSO amplitude in a CGCM, CLIM DYNAM, 29, 1, 101-111.
84. An, Soon-Il, Jong-Seong Kug, Axel Timmermann, In-Sik Kang, Oliver Timm, 2007: The Influence of ENSO on the Generation of decadal Variability in the North Pacific, J CLIMATE, 20, 667-680.
83. Kug, Jong-Seong, Ben P. Kirtman, and In-Sik Kang, 2006: Interactive Feedback between ENSO and the Indian Ocean in an Interactive Ensemble Coupled Model, J CLIMATE, 19, 24, 6371–6381.
82. Kug, Jong-Seong, Tim Li, Soon-Il An, In-Sik Kang, Jing-Jia Luo, Sebastien Masson, and Toshio Yamagata 2006: Role of the ENSO–Indian Ocean coupling on ENSO variability in a coupled GCM, GEOPHYS RES LETT,33,L09710 doi:10.1029/2005GL024916.
81. Kug, Jong-Seong, and In-Sik Kang, 2006: Interactive Feedback between ENSO and the Indian Ocean, J CLIMATE, 19, 9, 1784–1801.
80. Kang, In-Sik, Emilia Kyung Jin, and Kyong-Hee An, 2006: Secular increase of seasonal predictability for the 20th century, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 33, L02703, doi:10.1029/2005GL024499.
79. Kang, In-Sik and Jin Ho Yoo, 2006: Examination of multi-model ensemble seasonal prediction methods using a simple climate systems, CLIM DYNAM, 26, 2-3, 285-294.
78.Wang, Bin, Qinghua Ding, Xiouhua Fu, In-Sik Kang, Kyung Jin, J. Shukla, and Francisco Doblas-Reyes 2005: Fundamental challenge in simulation and prediction of summer monsoon rainfall, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 32, L15711, doi:10.1029/2005GL022734.
77. An, Soon-Il, Yoo-Geun Ham, Jong-Seong Kug, Fei-Fei Jin, and In-Sik Kang, 2005: El Nino-La Nina asymmetry in the coupled model intercomparison project simulations, J CLIMATE, 18, 2617-2627.
76. Yoo, Jin-Ho and In-Sik Kang, 2005: Theoretical examination of a multi-model composite for seasonal prediction, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 32, L18707, doi:10.1029/2005GL023513.
75. Kug, Jong-Seong, In-Sik Kang, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2005: Western Pacific SST prediction with an intermediate El Nino prediction model, MON WEATHER REV, 133, 1343-1352.
74. Kug, Jong-Seong, Soon-Il An, Fei-Fei Jin, and In-Sik Kang, 2005: Preconditions for El Niño and La Niña onsets and their relation to the Indian Ocean, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 32, L05706, doi:10.1029./2004GL021674.
73. Yang, Young-Min, In-Sik Kang, Jin Ho Yoo, and Kyoung-Hee An, 2004: Analysis of Economical & Social Impact of Meteorological Information, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 40-2, 159-175.
72. Kug, Jong-Seong, In-Sik Kang, June-Yi Lee, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2004: A statistical approach to Indian ocean sea surface temperature prediction using a dynamical ENSO prediction, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 31, L09212, doi:10.1029/2003GL019209.
71. Kang, In-Sik, Jong-Seong Kug, Soon-Il An and Fei-Fei Jin, 2004: A near-annual pacific ocean basin mode, J CLIMATE, 17, 2478-2488.
70. Yeh, Sang-Wook, Jong-Ghap Jhun, In-Sik Kang and Ben P. Kirtman, 2004: The decadal ENSO variability in a hybrid coupled model. J CLIMATE, 17, 6, 1225–1238.
69. Moon, Byung-Kwon, Sang-Wook Yeh, Boris Dewitte, Jong-Ghap Jhun, In-Sik Kang, and Ben P. Kirtman, 2004: Vertical structure variability in the equatorial Pacific before and after the Pacific climate shift of the 1970s, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 31, L03203, doi:10.1029/2003GL018829.
68. Kim, Maeng-Ki, In-Sik Kang and Chung-Kyu Park, and Kyu-Myong Kim 2004: Superensemble prediction of regional precipitation over Korea, INT J CLIMATOL, 24, 777-790.
67. Kang, In-Sik, and June-Yi Lee, and Chung-Kyu Park, 2004: Potential predictability of summer mean precipitation in a dynamical seasonal prediction system with systematic error correction, J CLIMATE. 17, 4, 834-844.
66. Lau, K.-M., J.-Y. Lee, K.-M. Kim and I.-S. Kang, 2004: The North pacific as a regulator of summertime climate over Eurasia and north America, J CLIMATE, 17, 4, 819-833.
65. Wang, Bin, In-Sik Kang, and June-Yi Lee, 2004: Ensemble simulations of Asian-Australian monsoon variability by 11 AGCMs, J CLIMATE. 17, 4, 803-818.
64. Jin, Fei-Fei, Jong-Seong Kug, Soon-Il An, and In-Sik Kang, 2003: A near-annual coupled ocean-atmosphere mode in the equatorial Pacific ocean, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 30, 2, 1080, doi:10.1029/2002GL015983.
63. Lee, Myong-In, In-Sik Kang, and Brian E. Mapes, 2003: Impacts of Cumulus Convection Parameterization on Aqua-planet AGCM Simulations of Tropical Intraseasonal Variability, J METEOROL SOC JPN, 81, 5, 963-992.
62. Kug, Jong-Seong, In-Sik Kang, and Soon-Il An, 2003: Symmetric and anti-symmetric mass exchanges between the equatorial and off-equatorial Pacific associated with ENSO, J GEOPHYS RES, 108(C8), 3284, doi:10.1029/2002JC001671.
61. Waliser, D. E., K. Jin, I.-S. Kang, W. F. Stern, S. D.Schubert, M. L. C. Wu, K.-M. Lau, M.-I. Lee, V. Krishnamurthy, A. Kitoh, G. A. Meehl, V. Y. Galin, V. Satyan, S. K. Mandke, G. Wu, Y. Liu, and C.-K. Park, 2003: AGCM simulations of intraseasonal variability associated with the Asian summer monsoon, CLIM DYNAM, 21, 423-446.
60. Wu, Man Li C., Siegfried Schubert, In-Sik Kang, and Duane Waliser, 2002: Forced and Free intraseasonal variability over the South Asian Monsoon region simulated by 10 AGCMs, J CLIMATE, 15, 20, 2862-2880.
59. Lee, Eun-Jeong, Jong-Ghap Jhun, and In-Sik Kang, 2002: The Characteristic variability of Boreal wintertime atmospheric circulation in El Nino events, J CLIMATE, 15, 8, 892-904.
58. Kang, I.-S., K. Jin, K.-M. Lau, J. Shukla, V. Krishnamurthy, S. D. Schubert, D. E. Wailser, W. F. Stern, V. Satyan, A. Kitoh, G. A. Meehl, M. Kanamitsu, V. Ya. Galin, Akimasa Sumi, G. Wu, Y. Liu, and J.-K. Kim, 2002: Intercomparison of atmospheric GCM simulated anomalies associated with the 1997-98 El Nino, J CLIMATE, 15, 19, 2791-2805.
57. Kang, I.-S., K. Jin, B. Wang, K.-M. Lau, J. Shukla, V. Krishnamurthy, S. D. Schubert, D. E. Wailser, W. F. Stern, A.Kitoh, G. A. Meehl, M. Kanamitsu,V. Ya. Galin, V. Satyan, C.-K. Park, and Y. Liu, 2002: Intercomparison of the climatological variations of Asian summer monsoon precipitation simulated by 10 GCMs, CLIM DYNAM. 19, 383-395.
56. Kang, In-Sik and Jong-Seong Kug, 2002: El Nino and La Nina SST Anomalies: Asymmetric Characteristics Associated with Their Wind Stress Anomalies,J GEOPHYS RES, 107(D19), 4372, doi10.1029/2001JD000393.
55. An, Soon-Il and In-Sik Kang 2001: Tropical Pacific Basin-wide adjustment and oceanic waves, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 28, 3975-3978.
54. Kug, Jong-Seong, In-Sik Kang, and Stephen. E. Zebiak, 2001: The impacts of the model assimilated wind stress data in the initialization of an intermediate ocean and the ENSO predictability, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 28, 19, 3713-3716.
53. Lee, Myong-In, In-Sik Kang, Jong-Khun Kim, and Brian E. Mapes, 2001: Influence of cloud-radiation interaction on simulating tropical intraseasonal oscillation with an atmospheric general circulation model, J GEOPHYS RES, 106, D13, 14219-14233.
52. Kang, In-Sik, Soon-Il An, and Fei-Fei Jin, 2001: A systematic approximation of the SST anomaly equation for ENSO, J METEOROL SOC JPN, 79, 1-10.
51. An, Soon-Il, and In-Sik Kang, 2001: Sensitivity of the equatorial air-sea coupled system of the zonal phase difference between SST and wind stress, ADV ATMOS SCI, 18, 155-165.
50. Yeh, Sang-Wook, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Boris Dewitte and In-Sik Kang, 2001: The characteristic oscillation induced by coupled processes between oceanic vertical modes and atmospheric modes in the tropical Pacific, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 28(14), 2847-2850.
49. Kang, In-Sik, and Jong-Seong Kug, 2000: An El-Nino prediction system using an intermediate ocean and statistical atmosphere, GEOPHYS RES LETT, 27(8), 1167-1170.
48. Kim, Maeng-Ki, In-Sik Kang, and Chang-Hoi Ho, 2000: Scenario of Korean winter precipitation using large-scale predictors of a gradual CO2 increasing experiment, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 36-1, 65-74.
47. An, Soon-Il, and In-Sik Kang, 2000: A further investigation of recharge oscillator paradigm for ENSO using a simple coupled model with the zonal mean and eddy separated, J CLIMATE, 13, 1987-1993.
46. Lee, June-Yi, In-Sik Kang, and Chang-Hoi Ho, 1999: A Statistical Model for the Long-range Forecast of Spring Temperature in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 35-3, 372-383.
45. An, Soon-Il, Fei-Fei Jin and In-Sik Kang, 1999: The Role of zonal advection feedback in phase transition and growth of ENSO in the Cane-Zebiak model, J METEOROL SOC JPN, 77, 6, 1151-1160.
44. Kim, Maeng-Ki, In-Sik Kang, and Chong-Heum Kwak, 1999: The Estimation of Urban Warming Amounts due to Urbanization in Korean for the Recent 40 Years, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 35-1, 118-126.
43. Kang, In-Sik, Chang-Hoi Ho, Young-Kwon Lim, and K.-M. Lau, 1999: Principal modes of climatological seasonal and intraseasonal variations of the Asian summer monsoon, MON WEATHER REV, 127, 322-340.
42. Ho, Chang-Hoi and In-Sik Kang, 1998: Changes in the Earth-Atmosphere Heat Budgets Due to a Doubling CO2, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 34-4, 670-676.
41. Kim, Maeng-Ki, In-Sik Kang, and Chong-Heum Kwak, 1998: Seasonal Factors Associated with the Variability of Surface Air Temperature in Urban Stations of Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 34-3, 446-477.
40. Jeong, Young-Kun and In-Sik Kang, 1998: Characteristic structure of annual march of geopotential heights in the Northern Hemisphere, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 34-3, 397-409.
39. Lau, K.-M., C.-H. Ho and I.-S. Kang, 1998: Anomalous atmospheric hydrologic processes associated with ENSO: Mechanisms of hydrologic cycle-radiation interaction, J CLIMATE, 11, 5, 800-815.
38. Kang, In-Sik, 1998: Relationship between El-Nino and Korean Climate Variability, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 34-3, 390-396.
37. Kang, In-Sik, and Soon-Il An, 1998: Kelvin and Rossby wave contributions to the SST oscillation of ENSO, J CLIMATE, 11, 2461-2469.
36. Lee, Myeong-In, and In-Sik Kang, 1997: Temperature variability and warming trend in Korea associated with global warming, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 33-3, 429-443.
35. Kim, Maeng-Ki and In-Sik Kang, 1997: The statistical connection between large and regional scale climate variables: Sea level pressure pattern associated with the warming trend in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 33-2, 261-271.
34. Na, Jung-Yul, Sang-Kyu Han, Jang-Won Seo, Yi-Gn Noh, and In-Sik Kang, 1997: Empirical orthogonal function analysis of surface pressure, sea surface temperature and winds over the East Sea of Korea (Japan Sea), J. Korean Fish. Soc., 30-2, 188-202.
33. Kang, In-Sik, 1996: Association of interannual and interdecadal variations of global-mean temperature with tropical Pacific SST appearing in a model and observation, J CLIMATE, 9, 455-464.
32. Kang, In-Sik, and Young-Kun Jeong, 1996: Association of interannual variations of temperature and precipitation in Seoul with principal modes of Pacific SST, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 32-3, 339-345.
31. Kang, In-Sik, 1996: Global warming status and its adaptation, Environmental Economic Review, 5-1, 295-304.
30. Ho, Chang-Hoi and In-Sik Kang, 1996: A parameterization of the terrestrial radiation suitable for a climate model: Absorption bands of water vapor, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 32-1, 29-39.
29. Kang, In-Sik, 1995: Examination of the uncertainties of global warming, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 31-2, 187-190.
28. Kang, In-Sik, Yang-Mi Lee, and Soon-Il An, 1995: Interannual variability of Typhoon activity over the western Pacific and El-Nino, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 31-1, 15-26.
27. Kim, Maeng-Ki and In-Sik Kang, 1995: Diagnostic modeling of wind stress, sensible and latent heat fluxes over the sea around the Korean peninsula, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 31-1, 1-13.
26. Kang, In-Sik, 1994: The scenario of temperature change in Korea associated with global warming (I), Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 30-2, 247-260.
25. Kang, In-Sik, and K.-M. Lau, 1994: Principal modes of atmospheric circulation anomalies associated with global angular momentum fluctuations, J ATMOS SCI, 51, 1194-1205.
24. Lau, K.-M., P.-J. Sheu, and I.-S. Kang, 1994: Multi-scale low frequency modes in the global atmosphere, J ATMOS SCI, 51, 1169-1193.
23. Kang, In-Sik, Maeng-Ki Kim, and Taebo Shim, 1994: Seasonal variation of surface heat budget and wind stress over the seas around the Korean peninsula, J. Oceanogr. Soc. Kor., 29-4. 325-337.
22. Kang, In-Sik, and Hee-Jung Baek, 1993: Long-range prediction of winter monthly-mean temperature in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 29-3, 253-262.
21. Kang, In-Sik, and Mi-Seon Lee, 1992: Global angular momentum fluctuations in an idealized general circulation model, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 28-4, 463-472.
20. Kang, In-Sik, Chang-Hoi Ho, and Kyung-Duck Min, 1992: Long-range forecast of summer rainfall in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 28-3, 283-292.
19. Kim, Kyu-Myong and In-Sik Kang, 1992: The sea surface wind model and its dynamics, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 28-1, 1-8.
18. Kang, In-Sik, Kyu-Myong Kim, and Maeng-Ki Kim, 1992: Estimation of bulk exchange coefficients in the western and eastern Pacific using ATLAS buoy observations, TOGA Notes, 9, 1-13.
17. Kang, In-Sik and Maeng-Ki Kim, 1991: Estimation of atmospheric variables and fluxes in the ocean surface around the Korean peninsula, Oceanography of Asian Marginal Seas. Elsevier Oceanography Series, 54, 241-251.
16. Kang, In-Sik, Dong-Il Lee, and Kyung-Duk Min, 1991: Seasonal Evolution of summer precipitation and moisture transport in Asian Monsoon region estimated from the ECMWF data, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 27-3, 252-261.
15. Kang, I.-S., and K.-M. Lau, 1990: Evolution of tropical circulation anomalies associated with 30-60 day oscillation of globally averaged angular momentum during the Northern summer, J METEOROL SOC JPN, 68, 237-249.
14. Kang, In-Sik, 1990: Influence of zonal mean flow change on stationary wave fluctuations. J ATMOS SCI, 47, 141-147.
13. Kang, In-Sik and Jong-Hoon Lee, 1990: A study of the maintenance of upper-tropospheric stationary waves during Northern winter, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 26-1, 1-11.
12. Kang, In-Sik, Soon-Il An, Chang-Hi Jeong, Soon-Chang Yoon, and Seung-Man Lee, 1989: 30-60 day oscillation signal appearing in climatological variation of outgoing longwave radiation around East Asian region during Northern Summer, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 25-4, 221-232.
11. Lau, K.-M., In-Sik Kang, and P. J. Sheu, 1989: Principal modes of intraseasonal variations in atmospheric angular momentum and tropical convection, J GEOPHYS RES, 94, D5, 6319-6332.
10. Kang, In-Sik, 1988: Interannual variability of winter mean precipitation and upper-level circulation in extended GCM integrations with and without interannual variation of tropical Pacific SST, J METEOROL SOC JPN, 66, 741-751.
9. Kang, In-Sik, 1988: Recurrent tropospheric circulation anomalies in the Northern Hemisphere associated with fluctuations of winter monthly-mean temperature in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 24-2, 1-15.
8. Ho, Chang-Hoi and In-Sik Kang, 1988: The variability of precipitation in Korea, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 24-1, 38-48.
7. Held, Isaac M. and In-Sik Kang, 1987: Barotropic models of the extratropical responses to El-Nino, J ATMOS SCI, 44, 3576-3586.
6. Kang, In-Sik, Chang-Hoi Ho, and Sung-Sam Kim, 1987: Interannual and intraseasonal variations of summer precipitation simulated by a GCM and the influence of tropical Pacific SST on the interannual variability, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 23-3, 12-24.
5. Lee, Dong-Kyou, Sung-Sam Kim, Soon-Chang Yoon, In-Sik Kang, Jeong-Woo Kim, and Sung-Gill Hong, 1987: A study on numerical simulation of winter cyclone development in the East Asian coast area, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 23-2, 1-12.
4. Kang, In-Sik and Isaac M. Held, 1986: Linear and nonlinear diagnostic models of stationary eddies in the upper troposphere during Northern summer, J ATMOS SCI, 43, 3045-3057.
3. Kang, In-Sik and Ngar-Cheung Lau, 1986: Principal modes of atmospheric variability in model atmosphere with and without anomalous sea surface temperature forcing in the tropical Pacific, J ATMOS SCI, 43, 2719-2735.
2. Kang, In-Sik, 1986: Atmospheric linear responses to large-scale sea surface temperature anomalies, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 22-1, 35-47.
1. Kang, In-Sik and Seung Man Lee, 1980: A numerical study of mountain effects on 500 mb barotropic atmosphere, Journal of Korean Meteorological Society, 16-1, 30-36.