2021.09 - Now Associate Professor, School of Oceanography, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
2015.10 - 2021.09 Research Scientist, Center for global Sea Level Change, New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE.
2017.09 - 2017.10 Visiting Scientist, Center for Atmosphere Ocean Science, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, United States.
2013.10 - 2015.09 Postdoc Associate, Center for global Sea Level Change, New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE.
2013.02 - 2013.07 Visiting Scholar, School of Earth Sciences, The Ohio State University, United States.
2012.07 - 2014.12 Postdoc, Global Change and Earth System Science, Beijing Normal University, China.
• 2019.12-2020.02 Took part in Korean Antarctic Research Expedition and deployed ApRES and GPS on Thwaites Glacier, West Antarctica to detect glacier change and basal melting related to warm water intrusion.
• 2019.10 Conducted fieldwork on Jakobshavn Glacier, West Greenland and deployed GPS, and ApRES to observe glacier changes and ocean-ice interaction in Ilulissat icefjord.
• 2019.08 Conducted fieldwork on Helheim Glacier, East Greenland and deployed GPS, ApRES, and Terrestrial Radar Interferometry (TRI) to observe glacier changes and ocean-ice interaction within Helheim fjords.
• 2018.12-2019.02 Took part in Korean Antarctic Research Expedition and deployed ApRES and GPS close to grounding line of David Glacier, Antarctica to detect basal melting and its relation to tide and glacier dynamics.
• 2017.08-2017.09 Conducted fieldwork on Jakobshavn and Helheim Glacier, Greenland and deployed GPS, ApRES and TRI to observe glacier changes and CTD, XCTD and Mooring in adjacent fjords to observe ocean changes.
• 2017.01-2017.03 Took part in Korean Antarctic Research Expedition and deployed ApRES and GPS on Drygalski ice front, Antarctica to detect local tide, strain rate and ice thickness changes.
• 2009.10- 2010.04 Took part in the 26th Chinese Antarctic Research Expedition, from Great Wall Station to Zhong Shan Station. Major task was to measure spectrum of blue ice, snow, rock, moss and lichen to provide validation data for land use/cover classification.
1. Wang, X.W.* D. Voytenko and D. M. Holland. 2021. Accuracy Evaluation of Digital Elevation Model Derived from Terrestrial Radar Interferometer over Helheim Glacier, Greenland. Remote Sensing of Environment, Accepted.
2. Wang, X.W.* and D. M. Holland. 2020. An Automatic Method for Black Margin Elimination of Sentinel-1A Images over Antarctica. Remote Sensing. 12(7), 1175. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12071175
3. Wang, X.W.* and D. M. Holland. 2018. A Method to Calculate Elevation-Change Rate of Jakobshavn Isbrae using Operation IceBridge Airborne Topographic Mapper Data. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters. 15(7), 981-985, doi : 10.1109/LGRS.2018.2828417
4. Wang, X.W.*, D. M. Holland and H. Gudmundsson. 2018. Accurate coastal DEM generation by merging ASTER GDEM and ICESat/GLAS data over Mertz Glacier, Antarctica. Remote Sensing of Environment, 206. 218-230. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2017.12.041
5. Wang, X.W.*, D. M. Holland, X. Cheng and P. Gong. 2016. Grounding and Calving Cycle of Mertz Ice Tongue Revealed by Shallow Mertz Bank, The Cryosphere, 10, 2043-2056, doi:10.5194/tc-10-2043-2016.
6. Wang, X.W.*, X. Cheng, P. Gong, C.K. Shum, D. M. Holland and X. W. Li. 2014. Freeboard and Mass Extraction of the Disintegrated Mertz Ice Tongue with Remote Sensing and Altimetry Data. Remote Sensing of Environment, 144, 1-10. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2014.01.002 (First Prize of 2014 Polar Science Publication Reward-Natural Science).
7. Wang, X.W.*, X. Cheng, F. Hui, C. Cheng, H.K. Sum and Y. Liu. 2014. Xuelong navigation in fast-ice near the Zhongshan Station, Antarctica. Marine Technology Society Journal, 48(1), 84-91.
8. Wang X.W., P. Gong, Y. Zhao, Y. Xu, X. Cheng, Z. Niu, Z. Luo, H. Huang, F. Sun and X. Li. 2013. Water-level changes in China's large lakes determined from ICESat/GLAS data, Remote Sensing of Environment, volume, 132, issue, C, 131-144, doi: 10.1016/j.rse.2013.01.005
9. Wang, X.W., X. Cheng, H. B Huang, Z. Li. 2013. DEM production for Dome-A combining GPS and GLAS data, Journal of Remote Sensing, 17(2), 439-444.
10. Wang, X. W.*, X. Cheng, Z. Li, H. B. Huang, Z.G. Niu, X. W. Li and P. Gong. 2012. Lake water footprints identification from time-series ICESat/GLAS data, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, volume, 9, issue, 3, 333-337, doi: 10.1109/LGRS.2011.2167495
11. Wang, X.W., X. Cheng, P. Gong, H. B. Huang, Z. Li and X. W. Li. 2011. Earth Science Applications of ICESat/GLAS: a Review, International Journal of Remote Sensing, volume, 32, issue, 23, 8837-8864, doi: 10.1080/01431161.2010.547533