1. Baosheng Li*, Lei Zhou, Tao Lian, Ting Liu, Jianhuang Qin, Yan Du, Dake Chen, 2023: Impacts of Sea Surface Temperature Gradient on Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation. Journal of Climate, 36(4), 1161-1173.
2. Cong Gao, Lei Zhou*, Chunzai Wang, I.-I. Lin, Raghu Murtugudde, 2022: Unexpected Limitation of Tropical Cyclone Genesis by Subsurface Tropical Central-North Pacific during El Niño. Nature Communications, 13, 7746.
3. Baosheng Li*, Lei Zhou, Jianhuang Qin, Raghu Murtugudde, 2022: Increase in intraseasonal rainfall driven by the Arabian Sea warming in recent decades. Geophysical Research Letters, e2022GL100536.
4. Ze Meng, Lei Zhou*, Jianhuang Qin and Baosheng Li, 2022: Intraseasonal Air-Sea Interaction over the Southeastern Indian Ocean and its Impact on Indian Summer Monsoon. Frontiers in Marine Science, doi: 10.3389/fmars.2022.921585.
5. Jianhuang Qin*, Lei Zhou, Baosheng Li, and Ze Meng, 2022: Prediction of the Central Indian Ocean Mode in S2S Models. Frontiers in Marine Science, doi: 10.3389/fmars.2022.880469.
6. Jianyin Zhou, Mingyang Sun, Jie Xiang*, Jiping Guan, Huadong Du, Lei Zhou, 2022: Forecasting the Western Pacific Subtropical High Index during Typhoon Activity using a Hybrid Deep Learning Model. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 41, 101–108.
7. Ze Meng, Lei Zhou*, Baosheng Li, Jianhuang Qing, Juncheng Xie, 2022: The atmospheric hinder for intraseasonal sea-air interaction over the Bay of Bengal during Indian summer monsoon in CMIP6. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 41(10), 119–130.
8. Weiqi Hong, Lei Zhou*, Xiaohui Xie, Han Zhang, and Changrong Liang, 2022: Modified Parameterization for Near-Inertial Waves. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 41(10), 41-53.
9. Cong Gao* and Lei Zhou, 2022: Tropical cyclone genesis over the western North Pacific simulated by Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 6 models. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 41(6), 64–77.
10. Baosheng Li, Lei Zhou*, Jianhuang Qin, and Ze Meng, 2022: Maintenance of Cyclonic Vortex during Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation: A view from Kinetic Energy Budget. Geophysical Research Letters, e2022GL097740.
11. Baosheng Li*, Lei Zhou, Jianhuang Qin, Ze Meng, and Dake Chen, 2022: Key Process Diagnostics for Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation over the Indian Ocean in Coupled CMIP6 models. Climate Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-022-06245-w.
12. Jianhuang Qin*, Lei Zhou, Ruiqiang Ding, and Baosheng Li, 2022: Predictability Limit of Monsoon Intraseasonal Precipitation: An Implication of Central Indian Ocean Mode. Frontiers in Marine Science, doi: 10.3389/fmars.2021.809798.
13. Jianhuang Qin*, Lei Zhou, Ze Meng, Baosheng Li, Tao Lian, and Raghu Murtugudde, 2022: Barotropic Energy Conversion During Indian Summer Monsoon: Implication of Central Indian Ocean Mode Simulation in CMIP6. Climate Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-021-06087-y.
14. Lixia Pan, Xin Wang, Lei Zhou, Chunzai Wang, 2021: Climatological and Seasonal Variations of the Tropical Cyclone Genesis Potential Index Based on Oceanic Parameters in the Global Ocean. J. Ocean Univ. China, 20, 1307–1315.
15. Ze Meng, Lei Zhou*, Raghu Murtugudde, Qingxuan Yang, Kandaga Pujiana, Jingyuan Xi, 2021: Tropical Oceanic Intraseasonal Variabilities associated with Central Indian Ocean Mode. Climate Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-021-05951-1.
16. Chao An, Chen Cai, Lei Zhou, Ting Yang, 2021: Characteristics of Low‐Frequency Horizontal Noise of Ocean‐Bottom Seismic Data. Seismological Research Letters, doi: https://doi.org/10.1785/0220200349
17. Baosheng Li, Lei Zhou*, Jianhuang Qin, Raghu Murtugudde, 2021: The Role of Vorticity Tilting in Northward-Propagating Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation. Geophysical Research Letters, e2021GL093304.
18. Yisen Zhong, Meng Zhou, Joanna J. Waniek, Lei Zhou, and Zhaoru Zhang, 2021: Seasonal Variation of the Surface Kuroshio Intrusion into the South China Sea Evidenced by Satellite Geostrophic Streamlines. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 51(8), 2705-2718.
19. Ruibin Ding, Jiliang Xuan, Tao Zhang, Lei Zhou, Feng Zhou, Qicheng Meng, In-Sik Kang, 2021: Eddy-induced Heat Transport in the South China Sea. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 51(7), 2329-2349.
20. Lei Zhou, Ruomei Ruan, Raghu Murtugudde, 2021: Impacts of Detoured Madden-Julian Oscillations on the South Pacific Convergence Zone. Journal of Climate, 34, 5461-5476.
21. Qiang Li, Lei Zhou, Lingling Xie*, 2021: Seasonal and interannual variability of EAPE in the South China Sea derived from ECCO2 data from 1997 to 2019. Water, 13(7), 926. https://doi.org/10.3390/w13070926.
22. 梁浩然，谢玲玲*，周磊，郑全安，李明明，2021：印度尼西亚海及周边海域层结的时空变化特征分析。海洋学报（中文版），43(5)， 63 –78。
23. Lina Yang, Raghu Murtugudde, Lei Zhou, Peng Liang, 2020: A Potential Link Between the Southern Ocean Warming and the South Indian Ocean Heat Balance. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 125, e2020JC016132.
24. Jianhuang Qin, Lei Zhou*, Baosheng Li, Raghu Murtugudde, 2020: Simulation of Central Indian Ocean Mode in S2S Models. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 125, e2020JD033550.
25. Baiyang Chen, Lingling Xie, Quanan Zheng, Lei Zhou, Lei Wang, Baoxin Feng, Zipeng Yu, 2020: Seasonal variability of mesoscale eddies in the Banda Sea inferred from altimeter data. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 2020, 39(12): 11-20.
26. Baosheng Li, Lei Zhou*, Chunzai Wang, Cong Gao, Jianhuang Qin, and Ze Meng, 2020: Modulation of Tropical Cyclone Genesis in the Bay of Bengal by the Central Indian Ocean Mode. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 125, https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JD032641.
27. Xiaojing Li, Youmin Tang, Lei Zhou, Zhixiong Yao, Zheqi Shen, Junde Li, and Ting Liu, 2020: Optimal Error Analysis of MJO Prediction Associated with Uncertainties in Sea Surface Temperature over Indian Ocean. Climate Dynamics, 54, 4331–4350.
28. Juncheng Xie, Lei Zhou*, Raghu Murtugudde, Markus Jochum, and Yisen Zhong, 2020: Internal subseasonal variability in the South China Sea revealed by eddy-resolving numerical simulations. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 125, e2019JC015390.
29. Jian Ma, Lei Zhou, Gregory R. Foltz, Xia Qu, Jun Ying, Hiroki Tokinaga, Carlos R. Mechoso, Jinbao Li, and Xingyu Gu, 2020: Hydrological cycle changes under global warming and their effects on multiscale climate variability. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1472, 21-48.
30. Zi Cheng, Meng Zhou, Yisen Zhong, Zhaoru Zhang, Hailong Liu, Lei Zhou, 2020: Statistical characteristics of mesoscale eddies on the continental slope in the northern South China Sea. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 39(3), 36-44.
31. Lei Zhou and R. Murtugudde, 2020: Oceanic impacts on MJOs detouring near the Maritime Continent. Journal of Climate, 33, 2371-2388.
33. 王冠楠, 钟贻森, 周朦, 刘海龙 , 张召儒 , 周磊，2019：运用CSEOF方法分析南海表面温度季节与年际变化。中国海洋大学学报(自然科学版), 49(6), 7-19.
34. 魏泽勋 等，2019：中国物理海洋学研究70年：发展历程、学术成就概览。海洋学报，41，23-64。
35. Baosheng Li, R. Ding, J. Qin, Lei Zhou, S. Hu, J. Li, 2019: Inter-decadal changes in potential predictability of the summer monsoon in East Asia and South Asia. Atmospheric Science Letters, 20, https://doi.org/10.1002/asl.890.
36. Lu Wang, Lei Zhou, L. Xie, Q. Zheng, Q. Li, M. Li, 2019: Seasonal and interannual variability of water mass sources of Indonesian Throughflow in the Maluku Sea and the Halmahera Sea. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 38(4), 58-71.
37. 周磊, 陈大可, 雷小途, 王伟, 王桂华, 韩桂军, 2019: 海洋与台风相互作用研究进展。科学通报, 64, 60-72。
38. Lei Zhou, 2018: Potential spicity: From abstract theory to practical application. Eos, 99, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018EO108945.
39. Tao Lian, D. Chen, Y. Tang, X. Liu, J. Feng, and Lei Zhou, 2018: Linkage between westerly wind bursts and tropical cyclones. Geophysical Research Letters, 45, 11,431–11,438.
40. Jianhuang Qin, Lei Zhou, R. Ding, J. Li, 2018: Influence of South Pacific Quadrapole on Austral Winter Precipitation over the SPCZ. Environmental Research Letters, 13, 094024.
41. Lina Yang, Lei Zhou, S. Li, and Z Wei, 2018: Spreading of the South Pacific Tropical Water and Antarctic Intermediate Water over the Maritime Continent. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, 4423–4446.
42. K. B. Karnauskas and Lei Zhou, 2018: Hurricanes and the sea: It takes two to tango, Eos, 99, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018EO097895
43. M. Li, L. Xie, X. Zong, S. Zhang, Lei Zhou, J. Li, 2018: The cruise Observation of Turbulent Mixing in the Upwelling Region East of Hainan Island in Summer 2012. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 37, 1-12.
44. L. Pan, Y. Zhong, H. Liu, Lei Zhou, Z. Zhang, M. Zhou, 2018: Seasonal Variation of Barrier Layer in the Southern Ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, 2238-2253.
45. Lei Zhou, D. Chen, K. B. Karnauskas, C. Wang, X. Lei, W. Wang, G. Wang, G. Han, 2018: Introduction to Special Section on Oceanic Responses and Feedbacks to Tropical Cyclones. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, 742-745.
46. Lei Zhou, R. Murtugudde, R. B. Neale, and M. Jochum, 2018: Simulation of the Central Indian Ocean Mode in CESM: Implications for the Indian Summer Monsoon System. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 123, 58-72.
47. T. Lian, Y. Tang, Lei Zhou, S. Islam, C. Zhang, X. Li, Z. Ling, 2018: Westerly Wind Bursts Simulated in CAM4 and CCSM4. Climate Dynamics, 50, 1353–1371.
49. Lei Zhou, R. Murtugudde, D. Chen, and Y. Tang, 2017: Seasonal and Interannual Variabilities of the Central Indian Ocean Mode. Journal of Climate, 30, 6505-6520.
51. Lei Zhou, R. Murtugudde, D. Chen, and Y. Tang, 2017: A Central Indian Ocean Mode and Heavy Precipitation during Indian Summer Monsoon. Journal of Climate, 30, 2055-2067.
52. Z. Yao, Y. Tang, D. Chen, Lei Zhou, X. Li, T. Lian, and S. Islam, 2016: Assessment of the Simulation of Indian Ocean Dipole in the CESM - Impacts of Atmospheric Physics and Model Resolution. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 8, 1932–1952.
53. M. Zhang, Lei Zhou*, D. Chen, C. Wang, 2016: A Genesis Potential Index for Western North Pacific Tropical Cyclones by Using Oceanic Parameters. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121, 7176-7191.
54. H. Zhang, D. Chen, Lei Zhou, X. Liu, T. Ding, B. Zhou, 2016: Upper Ocean Response to Typhoon Kalmaegi (2014). Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121, 6520-6535.
55. X. Li, Y. Tang, Lei Zhou, D. Chen, Z. Yao, and S. Islam, 2016: Assessment of Madden–Julian oscillation simulations with various configurations of CESM. Climate Dynamics, 47, 2667-2690.
56. 董航、姜良红、章向明、周磊*，2016：威马逊台风入侵南海的路径分析。海洋学研究，34(1), 1-7。
57. M. Zhang, Lei Zhou*, H. Fu, and L. Jiang, 2016: Assessment of Intraseasonal Variabilities in China Ocean Reanalysis (CORA). Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 35, 90–101.
58. F. Liu, Lei Zhou, J. Ling, X. Fu, and G. Huang, 2016: Relationship between SST anomalies and the intensity of intraseasonal variability. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 124, 847-854.
59. D. Chen, T. Lian, C. Fu, M. Cane, Y. Tang, R. Murtugudde, X. Song, Q. Wu, and L. Zhou, 2015: Strong influence of westerly wind bursts on El Nino diversity. Nature Geosci., 8, 339-345.
60. J. Xi, Lei Zhou*, R. Murtugudde, and L. Jiang. 2015: Impacts of intraseasonal SST anomalies on precipitation during Indian summer monsoon. J. Clim., 28, 4561-4575.
61. S. Wang, A. H. Sobel, F. Zhang, Y. Sun, Y. Yue, and Lei Zhou, 2015: Regional simulation of the October and November MJO events observed during the CINDY/DYNAMO field campaign at gray zone resolution. J. Clim., 28, 2097–2119.
62. 席婧嫄, 周磊*, 姜良红，2014：全球大洋季节内尺度上海-气相互作用特征分析. 海洋学研究, 3， 1-8.
63. Q. X. Yang, J. Tian, W. Zhao, X. Liang, and Lei Zhou, 2014: Observations of turbulence on the shelf and slope of northern South China Sea. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 87, 43-52.
64. Q. X. Yang, Lei Zhou, J. W. Tian, and W. Zhao, 2014: The Roles of Kuroshio Intrusion and Mesoscale Eddy in Upper Mixing in the Northern South China Sea. Journal of Coastal Research, 30, 192-198.
65. Lei Zhou and R. Murtugudde, 2014: Impact of Northward-Propagating Intraseasonal Variability on the Onset of Indian Summer Monsoon. J. Clim., 27, 126-139.
67. Lei Zhou and I.-S. Kang, 2013: Influence of Convective Momentum Transport on Mixed Rossby-Gravity waves: A contribution to tropical two-day waves. J. Atmos. Sci., 70, 2467-2475.
68. Lei Zhou, A. Sobel, and R. Murtugudde, 2012: Kinetic energy budget for the Madden-Julian Oscillation in a multi-scale framework. J. Clim., 25, 5386-5403.
69. Lei Zhou, R. Neale, M. Jochum, and R. Murtugudde, 2012: Improved Madden-Julian Oscillations with improved physics: the impact of modified convection parameterizations. J. Clim., 25, 1116-1136.
70. Lei Zhou and R. Murtugudde, 2010: Influences of Madden-Julian Oscillations on the eastern Indian Ocean and the maritime continent. Dynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans, 50, 257-274.
71. Lei Zhou and R. Murtugudde, 2009: Ocean-atmosphere coupling on different spatio-temporal scales: A mechanism for intraseasonal instabilities. J. Atmos. Sci., 66, 1834-1844.
72. Lei Zhou and R. Murtugudde, 2009: Influence of the Makassar Strait throughflow and winds over the southeastern Indian Ocean on the Southwestern Indian Ocean SST variability. Adv. Geosci., J. Gan et al. (Eds.), 12, 17pp. World Scientific Publishing Company.
73. Lei Zhou, R. Murtugudde, and M. Jochum, 2008: Seasonal influence of Indonesian through flow in the southwestern Indian Ocean. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 38, 1529-1541.
74. Lei Zhou, R. Murtugudde, and M. Jochum, 2008: Dynamics of the intraseasonal oscillations in the Indian Ocean South Equatorial Current. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 38, 121-132.
75. J. W. Tian, Lei Zhou, X. Q. Zhang, and Q. A. Zheng, 2006: Latitudinal distribution of mixing rate caused by M2 internal tide. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 26, 35-42.
76. 周磊*，田纪伟，王东晓，2005：斜压海洋水平大尺度波动各模态能量分布对风的响应，中国科学（D辑），35 (10)，997－1006。
Lei Zhou, J. W. Tian, and D. X. Wang, 2005: Horizontal large-scale current energy change caused by wind in the baroclinic ocean. Science in China (D series), 48, 2267-2275.
Lei Zhou, J. W. Tian, and X. Q. Zhang, 2005: Observation of small-scale processes over shelf break in the East China Sea. Chinese Science Bulletin, 50, 2885-2890.
78. 张效谦，梁鑫峰，周磊，2005：利用TOPEX/ Poseidon高度计资料提取的太平洋M2内潮能通量分布，海洋学报，27(5)，9－14。
79. Tian, J. W., Lei Zhou, X. Q. Zhang, X. F. Liang, Q. A. Zheng, and W. Zhao, 2003: Estimates of M2 internal tide energy fluxes along the margin of Northwestern Pacific using TOPEX/POSEIDON altimeter data. Geophys. Res. Lett., 30, 1889, doi:10.1029/2003GL018008.